An easy and simple way to get your pipe to tune to concert pitch. These devices extend the reed seat from the end of each drone to lengthen the whole drone and flatten it from pipe band pitch to concert. Add in a Bb chanter and you're able to quickly convert your pipe and be able to play with concert instruments.
The Piper's Ultimate Reed Poker lets you bring new life to older reeds. Check the out the video below to see the poker up close and to see how it can save you time, effort, and money by improving your sound and extending the life of your reeds.
- You use it to save your pipe chanter reed when it starts to get too easy, chirps, squeals, or starts to sound sharp and thin.
- As you break in a new reed, it gets easier and more efficient. But the cane can get too soft -- this is where the reed poker comes in.
- A small adjustment (we're talking 1/1000ths of an inch) to the metal staple inside the reed can bring a reed back to life, extending the playable life of the reed and giving you a brighter, crisper, stronger, more stable sound.
- The only way to do this is to open up a reed from the inside with a reed poker. It's easy to do -- if you have the right tool.
- Easy-to-use. Totally intuitive.
- The number one reason pipers need to get a new reed is that their previous reed gets too easy. The poker will bring those reeds back to playable strength.
- Top pipers know that some of the very best reeds are those that have been played and broken in and then poked to bring out the brightest and best tone.
The Piper's Ultimate Reed Poker is a must-have if you want to have a world-class bagpipe sound. It will bring your reeds back to life and it will save you hundreds of dollars that you'd otherwise spend on new reeds.
Manufactured from a material with very similar tonal qualities to natural cane, Ezeedrone bagpipe drone reeds produce a sound which is practically indiscernible from that of the best traditional cane reeds.
Even when striking in, Ezeedrone tenor reeds provide a pleasing double-tone which translates to a full sounding and very steady drone tone when the bagpipe is played.
Ezeedrone bass reeds are equally steady and produce a rich, deep, quality sound, which is one of the main characteristics of all best sounding bagpipes. Ezeedrone reeds are manufactured to a very high level of precision and are subjected to rigorous quality checks prior to distribution.
They are pre-adjusted and will settle immediately in most bagpipes, requiring little maintenance and producing excellent harmonics when accompanied by a good chanter with a well balanced reed. Any further adjustment should be made with care.
The RedWood drone reed has been designed and created by Xavier and Jakez Boderiou. They are a cross-over between the traditional cane reeds and synthetic reeds. The body of the reed in padouk (african red wood) allows for maximum absorption and stability. The glass fibre tongues for the tenors and carbon fibre tongue for the bass drone require low maintenance. Each set of RedWood reeds are tested on several instruments in order to ensure compatibility with your bagpipe.
Balance Tone Drone Reeds
provide the piper with the ability to achieve the ultimate sound from their drones. Designed by Major Bruce Hitchings, and played and respected by thousands of Highland Pipers worldwide. These innovative drone reeds are:
- Exceptional in tonal quality
- Easy to strike in
- Easy and efficient to tune
- Take a minimum of air
- Moisture resistant
- Easy to set up
- Strike in every time
Free Shipping within Australia! Dismiss